Salad Bars – Hot Favorite for 2012 & 2013
Add Glamour to Your Wedding with colorful salads. Salad bars are the most convenient and are a must for your wedding. You have to spend least amount of time on planning your buffet decoration with these salad bars. Basically these salad bars are table counters that are designed in buffet style. These counters are often placed in restaurants during buffet dinner parties or in eateries where customers are allowed to chose their own components and prepare the recipe.
For people who enjoy a wide variety of ingredients in their salads, salad bars are the perfect dining option. Salad bars generally have all the salad ingredients like assorted raw, chopped tomatoes, lettuce, cucumbers, celery, carrots, green or red bell peppers, shredded cheese and a variety of salad dressing. But when you are placing a salad bar at your wedding reception, it is necessary for you to add other cooked food items besides normal salad dressings. If you only want to keep one salad bar only serving salads then make sure you keep items like cooked cold meats, cold pasta salads, cooked beans, chicken and ham, corn chips, deviled eggs, soup, bread rolls and fresh cut fruit slices. When preparing to host a salad bar at your next event, ensure that your salad bar suits every palate by including a variety of options.
Some Most Popular Salad Bar Items:
- Mixed Green Salad
- Mix Bean Salad
- Lentil Salad
- Green Bean Vinaigrette
- Cucumber Salad
- Baby Greens Salad
- Greek Salad
- Leafless Greek Salad
- Caesar Salad
- Potato Salad
- Fruit Salad
- Cream Fruit Salad
- Spinach and Radicchio Salad
- Tomato Cucumber Salad
- Pasta & Vegetable Salad
If you are setting up a salad bar at your wedding venue take help of your wedding planner. They would know it best what food to put on display at the bar and also how to set up the bar so that guests can move around efficiently and try each recipe. Buffet receptions often make it easier for the newly wedded couples to welcome each of their guests. Both preparation and cleaning up can be easier for the organizers.
Here are a few instructions that will help you organize a salad bar buffet to allow guests of all ages freely fetch gastronomies of their likes from the counter.
- Presentation is a key concern when choosing equipment that is meant to present or display food in front of your guests
- Play around with different table shapes & Sizes.
- The same sets of serving can be put on both sides of the table, for saving time of the guests
- Put enough lights in the salad bar. Interesting lighting will enhance the look of the bar
- Serve a variety of recipes. So that there is something of everyone’s choice
- There could be guests who are health conscious. So keep a few low calorie food items
- Basic salad meats like cubed turkey, chicken and ham are a must in the salad section of the table.
It is important to keep two or three people to monitor the salad bar. They should be in charge of maintaining the servings, fill up the bowls once they are empty, and add fresh plates and napkins on the counter. They can also help kids by serving them the food they want to eat.
Coming Up Blogs:
- Martini Bars
- Music For Cocktail Hours & Many More.
For More ideas : www.gpsdecors.com & www.lgms.ca